Monday, August 27

Goldfuss Update (August 26)

Mikey has been begging us since he wrote his last update several months ago to write this next update. Since we've been with Memo and Karina from 4:00 til 10:30 tonight counseling them, we finally said yes. We had some excellent conversation with them today, and Memo showed some real insights on certain things. Please pray that the Lord would give them a true understanding of salvation in Christ and for us to have wisdom in talking with them. If you don't have time to read this, please go to the ***** and you can get the requests.

Hello this is MIKEY, and I will tell this week's update.

Reme's neighbor's son Ivan, who is about 18, wanted to have a tortilla shop for a business with his brother. Last Sunday night he was looking at the machine ( he put his hand in it ) ( the machine was on) and it took his hand. His brother was there with him so he turned off the machine..... (and it is hard to concentrate to because my sister is yelling in my ear). ( the baby)
So back to the story, he was fine BUT......... People came to help him so, they were trying to pull his hand out and the skin came off of the bones in his fingers and hand and two fingers were crushed. Yes, I agree with you YUCK..... so 2 hours later an ambulance came... yes 2 HOURS LATER.. They came and got him out and took him to the hospital. They had surgery the next day.
What a Sunday.

Now we move to Monday.

On Monday we got word from Reme about what had happened with Ivan. My dad went to see him, but I wanted to have a day with Dad so I said, ''Dad can I go with you? '' and he said ''yes''. But Carissa my sister said "I want to go too." There goes my day with Dad and then Cristi said I wanna come too. So she came too. No day with dad. It was still fun with my sisters though.
So we went to the hospital to see Ivan. After we did that we went down town. We rode on the subway and my we went to the book store and got books for my Mom's study with the women of our church and then went to KFC. I knew that it would be good to go with my Dad. So after that we went to a big park and we passed out tracts.

While we were there, we heard this guy sing. I don't know if he was showing off to his girlfriend or was just showing off but he sounded like a dying duck . So we got to the middle of the park, our tracts were about gone and a red eyed guy comes up and says ''Oh I just saw your kids and there is a kids concert up over there and blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa''. (parent's added comment---The Vienna Boy's Choir for free) So my dad gave him a tract and we went to where he said to go. Now I thought this was pretty fishy. I don't know if I've been reading too many Hardy Boys books or what, but I didn't like it. So we went about ten minutes and the red eyed guy comes again and said, "Oh thank you so much for the tract. I just read it and it helped me a lot because I am a Christian too." The tract is long to read and I didn't think he read it. Plus when he said, "I'm a christian. I should of said ''Christian!!!! ''how did you become a Christian'', but I didn't. So we went on to where he said for about a half an hour. I was dead tired. So we stopped and asked for directions. A man says, "Oh that place. No, it's all the way back there and I almost fainted, but we walked back to the subway. Oh, and I got to get my shoe's polished so I got to rest by sitting down when I had my shoes polished. Then we went home and the next thing I knew I was studying the insides of my eyelids.

On Tuesday, we stayed home and Cristiana, Carissa, Matthew, Cherith and I all made a jail in our yard for Carissa's birthday party coming up this next Saturday. We are having a western theme, so we need a jail.

On Wednesday dad helped Morgan and Morgan preached.

On Thursday it rained a lot from Hurricane Dean so we pretty much had to stay in the house. That's what I call "rained in." So, it was a pretty boring day.

On Friday, Morgan came and studied with my dad.

On Saturday, my mom had a ladies meeting at Guille's house where they are studying a book entitled, "Lies Women Believe." There were about 15 ladies there--mom said, I wasn't there, thankfully. Each of the ladies said that they really really enjoyed the study and learned a lot.

Today, Sunday, my dad preached on Hell. After the services today, we had Memo and Karina and their three children come over for dinner. They just left tonight at 10:40 PM. Now, I'm very tired. So, I'm going to let my dad proofread this and go to bed. Goodnight,
Mikey

*****
  • We have known Ivan, the boy with the hand accident in the tortilla machine, for about 10 years. They came to VBS when they were little. They are presently not attending any church and not putting the Lord really anywhere in their lives. Please pray as we visit him again this week that the Lord would open his eyes to his need of Christ.
  • Matilde and Erasmo had a very difficult week. She is still in a lot of pain from gall stones, but they seem to be really trying to put the Lord first in their lives. They were there early ready to serve today (they did the cleaning) and they are trying to help a new couple in the things of the Lord. They have also been witnessing to Humberto's unsaved family.
  • Teresa is still very weak with very high blood pressure.
  • Nico and Liliana were supposed to go to a hospital this morning for Liliana's baby to be delivered via C-section. They went and there was no antesthesiologist there. So they sent them to "find another hospital if you can." ?????? Unbelievable. They went to several others but the price was way out of their range, so they came home. Actually, the due date is September 6, but most places here schedule C-sections so that the doctors don't have to wait for the mothers. :-( There is such a lack of basic medical knowledge here so please pray for all to go well when the Lord works things out for their baby to come. Mike has also been to their house three times this week to help them with their son Miguel 12 years old. He seems to be responding to Biblical discipline now that Nico has added much love and consistency.
  • Tomorrow, Monday, Cristi is starting a new Dyslexia therapy for two straight weeks and three hours per day. We are really praying for a breakthrough for her.
  • On Saturday we are having a church get together and have invited the whole church. PLEASE pray for sunny weather as it would be a lot easier to have about 120 people outside than inside. We will be celebrating Carissa's birthday and have invited many visitors. Pray for Mike as he will give a short devotional message. Pray for this to be an excellent outreach for our church as well as a good time of fellowship and a nice birthday for Carissa.
Thank you for your prayers,
Mike for all the Goldfi

No comments: