Wednesday, March 13

Faith's ear report

Dear Prayer Partners,

 

Update on Faith's condition:

 

We went to the doctor last night and he said that I have a tumor of skin cells in the inner ear.  We do not want you all to become alarmed because it most likely is a simple surgery.  The tumor is pushing on the facial nerve.  I normally do not have any pain now, but sometimes there is a really sharp pain at times.  My face has been numb---including my eye and nose.   The next step would be partial facial paralysis.  Thankfully, I have not had that. 

 

The doctor is organizing a team of doctors to do the surgery.  There are several things that may happen.

 

1.  They will need to go in through the ear using microscopes and simply remove the tumor.

2.  They will find the tumor wrapped in nerves--- and will need to remove the tumor through an incision behind the ear. 

3. In either case, an oncologist will be a part of the team.  The tumor will need to be studied in pathology.  The good news is that none of my lymph nodes are swollen.  Cancer is not very likely.  I am not overly concerned, but I am just asking for prayer.

 

Do not be concerned about the medical team here in Mexico.  This is one of the very best hospitals, and my doctor studied in the States at the

Mayo clinic.

 

NOW we know why Grandma and Lauren are here!  The Lord has everything worked out, and HE knows what he is doing.

 

The surgery may be scheduled as soon as the beginning of next week.  There may be a problem with not being able to do it before Easter.  Please pray for the Lord's perfect will in timing and to give us grace to wait.  When I do have pain it is sharp--and at times just uncomfortable because it is just like having a giant Easter egg in my ear.

 

Please pray for the children.  The little ones have been a little unsettled because of my being away for the doctor's visits and tests.

 

Please pray for Mike.

 

With much love,

 

Faith

No comments: