Saturday, July 16

Back again

In July of 1997, I spent another two and a half weeks in Mexico City. This trip was made more difficult because of some family circumstances, but the Lord allowed me to make the trip. During this trip I was able to preach for the first time in Spanish, an amazing message entitled "¿QuĂ© debo hacer?" (What should I do?) from Acts 16:31. Really, I'm sure it as painful to listen to it as it was for me to prepare for it. What a great opportunity though!
Also packed into these few weeks was the opportunity to help with Vacation Bible School, where I sported a floppy hat and magnifying glass as the ubiquitous Explorador Enrique. Nothing grabs the attention of the kiddies like a humongous gringo in a ridiculous hat.
I also had the opportunity to help the Goldfusses as they hosted a team of young people from Trinity Bible Church in Greer, SC. I really appreciate the great philosophy of ministry that the Goldfusses have about missions trips. They actually see hosting missions trips as part of their ministry. I enjoyed meeting the team from Trinity and hopefully lightened the Goldfusses' load a bit too.
This trip just went too quickly, and I began thinking about staying a little bit longer.

No comments: