Thursday, August 11

Total Stranger

We made it safe and sound! I think we are both exhausticated! Getting up at 3 AM and getting little sleep on the plane doesn’t provide a whole lot of energy for the rest of the day!
It was quite interesting how we got our ride from the airport. Morgan, a taxi driver who knows the Goldfusses and attends their church, picked us up. A slight “problem,” we had never met each other!!! Kinda hard to pick a stranger out of a crowd of strangers!!! Believe it or not we managed! Mark and I ended up making a sign with his name on it. As it turned it out, both parties were circling the airport looking for the other, but once we had our sign out, we found each other right away! Relieved that we found our ride, we weren't prepared for the mile-long trek carrying our 200 lb suitcases looking for Morgan’s taxi in the parking garage. It didn't help looking on the wrong level!! I know I had been sitting on a plane for awhile, but I wasn’t ready for such a vigorous workout! We were ALL very glad to be loaded up in his car.
He was a good driver though I was still a little nervous, but that was just because there are a whole bunch of crazy drivers in Mexico City. It made me glad I didn’t have to drive. Lanes, blinkers, traffic lights---who needs those? No one here in Mexico, that's for sure! And it is okay to pass on a double yellow lined road into oncoming traffic. . . it’s all part of the commute!
When I took my attention off the driving, I enjoyed the scenery with the new sights, smells, and noises. What a different way of life here! Americans don't realize how rich and pampered we really are!

No comments: